Saturday, March 29

a long while


So it has been a while has it not? I realized that I have once again been putting them together in my head but it's not getting any where else. It's been a busy couple of months trying to find a house and working and hanging out with friends. We have put an offer on a house so we will see how that goes, the pollen is back and I'm back on an inhaler which is sad and my job is been fun (although at some point I would like to get back to regular counseling after we have our first kid!). Here are some highlights from the last couple months. (Starting w/ March)

Stephanie and Chris were down for an engagement party (mid march) and we had a blast catching up! We are hoping they will come visit us after they get married (and hoping we have the money to visit them for their wedding!) Stephanie was one of my best friends from elementary school and I haven't seen her since 9th grade!

Earlier in March Amy, Alisha and I headed on the women's retreat at Callaway with Perimeter. We had a great time hanging out, hearing from Jill Hooper, worshiping with Laura Story and I had so much fun catching up with my friends from Special Events! Before we left on Sunday we decided we needed to see some of the gardens (Amy and I had massages on Saturday so we had not had time) so we headed to the Butterfly Gardens on our way out.








For Easter this year we went to Chattanooga and got to spend some good time with Caleb's family, seeing Granny the first time in a couple months and playing w/ our nephews which we really haven't gotten to do in a while. We also got to see Highlands new sanctuary which is just really nice and we are very excited for the church to see what God is doing there!






In Feb we had a good time hanging out with friends, we went bowling with Jim/Livia, April/Charlie and then played a couple games of Settlers of Catan with April/Charlie, James/Alisha a couple nights later...









We also got Rockband...I have conqured my fear of the drums and mic and I'm perfecting my playing/singing so I can keep up with my brothers now :)








We also celebrated our third anniversary. Because we are both working full time and I have not built up the vacation time yet we didn't get to have any sort of big celebrations but we did go out for a nice pizza dinner at one of our fav pizza joints, Paizanos.









We also got to see Caleb's extended family for his grandmother's 70th birthday. We drove up for the day to Trenton and saw Caleb's mother's side of the family as well as got to play with our two nephews who are the cutest and smartest kids I have ever met (biased, nah...)








January we did our usual birthday celebration. We went to Chattanooga for me to do a stamp club and to celebrate Caleb, Cherise and my birthday. I got some really awesome presents and as always we had a great time w/ the family (I tried to upload a picture of Jeremiah being cool w/ sunglasses and a backwards baseball cap but it won't turn right :( )










For Caleb's birthday we went to Kobi One for dinner which sadly we realized this week has closed down :( Guess we will have to find a new Habatchi Grill...






Finally it snowed twice in January....really good snows that just didn't last long enough. The second snow snowed all day that Saturday adn made Atlanta just a beautiful winter wonderland! It snowed enough that they had to move the weekend services at church to Sunday night b/c the roads weren't going to be real safe.

Well that is that and hopefully we will have pictures of a new house soon!!










----------------
Now playing: Yoko Kanno - Rain
via FoxyTunes

No comments: