So yesterday was a bit of a fun but crazy day. I was up early cooking as our Sunday School class made breakfast for the Victors class (they are 50s+ I think) and presented the idea that we wanted to serve them and thanked them for their years of service to the kingdom. It was a touching experience and really just plain fun. I'm not good at being social with those I do not know but thankfully they are and we got to talk to a number of them.
That went into church time and while I had gone for the beginning of the first service we decided to go to the gym service and they start the sermon a little earlier as they do communion so we missed the beginning of the sermon. (Yea for podcasts). Anyways, Randy has been doing a series on Where is God in the Bad. It is not anything new but a good reminder in these crazy times that we have someone who is in control that we can trust.
I have been thinking the last couple weeks that while I want to spend time in the word I just can't seem to find that time. There are too many other things that I want to do instead. I've been praying that God will draw me closer to him and yesterday Randy talked about how if we really just saw our sin and need for him we would be so much more thankful, obedient and desire to spend time with him (no that isn't exactly what he said but what I got out of it). I was thinking that sometimes I'm really good at doing my devotions but really bad at praying and confessing. I realized I forget to confess way to much and that if I could just see my sin I would always be on my knees. Someone recently said that we often pray for things like love and patience and cannot understand why God does not give it to us in situations we need it. They said that God often gives us the situations to learn how to gain those skills. It's a growing process right :)
The rest of the day was good, Caleb's parents came in to town for a couple hours to drop off some wood and hang out. We went to Home Depot and got some minor things including some small house plants which I think add a lot to the rooms. I made a whole chicken in the crockpot and it literally fell apart when you took it out. I'll be posting my recipe at my other blog later this week. We also lit our first fire of the season and the first on in our new house. Can I just say that gas starters make fire making soooo soooo much easier!
Monday, November 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment