Tuesday, December 25

Christmas 2007

so today was a lot of fun. It went as quick as I expected but it wasn't quite as bad (like it goes too fast and you don't get anything done). There was a debate to what time to get up this morning and the time got set at 9:30 (with the intention of being ready at 10) so Caleb and I were up (mom and dad were already up) and enjoyed some quite with coffee and the tree before the boys got up.

Our tradition of Christmas is to take things slow. We opened one round of presents which included Dad's big one....a new HD 40 G video camera...the idea was to do that round so dad could play a bit while we made breakfast and be ready for the rest of the day. Then we ate breakfast and did stockings...after that things got going...we give out a round of presents and take turns watching each person open. We took some bathroom breaks, toy breaks and phone call breaks and finished around 3 or 4 I think...it was tons of fun and I'll post pics in a little while.

After presents we just hung out playing with new toys...having some snacks (raspberry brie and cold shrimp) and then packed up the truck to take back to atlanta. Mom was nice enough to make the entire dinner feast by herself while we packed...I didn't think it would be so hard to come back because we have such good friends in Atlanta now but it really is. I am just fine moving tomorrow back down here oh well.

Now we are going to have yummy good of prime rib, potatoes, salad and green beans and I'll make baklava after while we watch a movie. Sadly we will get up early tomorrow and leave....

Merry Christmas all and may Christ draw you closer to him this year!

No comments: