Thursday, May 15

moving

Let me tell you a little about moving and being a new home owner....first thing...if you want to do work on a house i suggest you do it the next day or two...this whole three weeks later doing a move is not so much fun...granted i realized last night i have finally gotten use to the air mattress but I'm so ready for Friday night when we sleep for the last time at the apt....tonight should be our last night on an air matress!!



Second, I've decided owning a house brings out each others opinions strongly. I was thinking naming our baby (whenever that is) would be hard but it seems we are pretty ok at least on girls names...however picking out paint, where things should go, what order things should get done...now that is stressful! We comprimised on two blue rooms, two green rooms...I think we finally figured out at least how the office should be set up and that the eliptical will not look good downstairs....

The worse part about it all is how tired I am. I work all day then work all evening, I go to bed exausted and then wake up to start it all over again...I think that will start to die down though after Saturday when it is not so necessary that things are packed or put away so more stuff can be packed. We will need to have some order as we have friend in town next weekend and a fun thank you party on the 26!

Overall though I love our new house! I love our master bath especially because it presents room and a relaxing environment. Caleb was testing the hot water last night b/c we aren't sure if we will need to replace the heater and he had filled up the tub a little with water...well it was late and I couldn't take a long bath but you couldn't waste the water :) How nice to just sit in warm water for a couple min before going to bed! I love the kitchen and our appliances....the prob is I have already used up all my space but I think I need to clean some things out of the cabnets such as my old broiler pan since I got a new one with my oven. I love the space and the fact we will have basically a little libary and since such awesome friends are giving us a love seat so we can sit in that room and read and look out the big windows! I also like that we have a "dining room" so that I won't pile all our junk on the table and we can't use it and that I will be able to put my computer desk in the kitchen so I will have easy access to recipes and be able to do things like listen to music while I work or be playing around on the computer while I'm waiting for dinner to cook...I also love the washer and dryer having their own room with a door I can close and it is up stairs so like last night I could throw in the clothes from the washer to dryer and then go to bed....the catch is I think I want the clothes line in the garage so I will have to carry those clothes up and down but oh well, I also like the fact there is enough room in the laundry room for a clothes hamper and so I don't have to have our dirty clothes taking up room in our closet or bathroom....

I'm tried but I love our house, even the work that we have to do and the fact that we now have to fix things when they break. I love the quiet nights and the fan in our bedroom....

I'll post pics later of how things are going. We are going to finish the painting in the guest room tonight and hang our new blinds (which I am very pumped about!! Yea for privacy now!)

No comments: