Thursday, May 22

walking

so i use to get slightly jellous of my brother and Caleb's brother's family because both lived in areas that they can walk to different things. I greatly enjoy being outside and often need to to keep from slipping into depression but with things not being exactly close it was hard justify a walk (and no where to really walk).

I remember when we looked at our new house how excited I was that so many things were so close by. One day driving from the apt to the house I decided to see how far the Walmart and Super H Mart were. They are about a mile one way to get to. Well Tuesday night I had wanted to walk to Walmart to get some batteries for the smoke detectors but then that storm blew through so the plan was to go last night. I got home from supervision and after our friend Ben dropped our hammer by we set out for the Walmart with the intension to buy pizza, batteries and an audio cable to run from the laptop to the TV so we could watch shows from the computer on the TV. The walk over was a good one and we broused a bit and ended up getting a couple other random food items like milk then checked out. Well I knew it would be getting dark at this time but it was ok. We headed back and crossed the street and realized the crosswalk was on the other side...oh well we decided to walk then down to the other stree that enters by our house and grab dinner from the checkers since we were hungry and didn't think we could wait for the pizza to cook w/o bitting off the other's head. So we did that....bit farther of a walk then I remembered it being but that is ok. I think it was around a 3 mile or so walk total which was just fine and what I needed (i.e. fresh air and exercise). I think I'm going to suggest walking most nights for at least a bit!

I was thinking that though it was about 1.5 hours with the walk, the brousing, buy stuff, waiting for food and such and w/ the car it would have been quicker I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed that we didn't have to pay for the gas, find a parking spot...I enjoyed being outside and getting some time to do something with Caleb.....

Of course today at lunch I wanted something salty, i.e. not the yogert I had bought and wasted the gas we saved last night in driving to wendy's....oh well small steps right :)

No comments: