Ever had one of those mornings where you were grouchy and took everything out on everyone else? Try having a whole week or two like that...some day I would love to go for a couple days w/o taking things out on anyone, remembering God is in control and well just be a good Christian. I realized this morning that my attitude has gone too far. I need to really get it in line... I don't know what it is about my nature. I can be doing my devotions and 30 min later taking something out on Caleb. I feel like the guy in James who walks away from the mirror and forgets what he looks like. Instead of listening to the news this morning I popped in Laura Story's new CD which helps usually get my mind back on track. One thing I love about Perimeter Church is the worship leaders and their hearts for worship. Laura is a joy to have at the church! This is the first song on the new CD and it is a good reminder to me! (Well the whole CD is centered around remembering God's greatness and that I have loved!)
Bless the Lord
Laura Story
You give and take away for my good
For who am I to say what I need
For you alone see, the hidden parts of me that need to be stripped away
And as you begin to refine, I'm learning to let go and rely
On one who walks with me, as hard as it may be
You're teaching me all the while to say
Bless the Lord, O my soul
All that is in me bless your name
Forget not your power untold
Not your glory or your fame
For you came to heal the broken, to redeem and make me whole
Bless the Lord, O my soul
Lord, you give and take away, for my good
For who am I to say what I need
For you alone see, the hidden parts of me that need to be stripped away
And as you begin to refine, I'm learning to let go and rely
On one who walks with me, as hard as it may be
You're teaching me all the while to say
Though my faith may falter and my strength may fail
I pray for eyes to see, the richness of your mercy shown to me
You give and take away for my good
For who am I to say what I need
For you alone see, the hidden parts of me that need to be stripped away
And as you begin to refine, I'm learning to let go and rely
On one who walks with me, as hard as it may be
You're teaching me all the while to say
Bless the Lord, O my soul
All that is in me bless your name
Forget not your power untold
Not your glory or your fame
For you came to heal the broken, to redeem and make me whole
Bless the Lord, O my soul
Lord, you give and take away, for my good
For who am I to say what I need
For you alone see, the hidden parts of me that need to be stripped away
And as you begin to refine, I'm learning to let go and rely
On one who walks with me, as hard as it may be
You're teaching me all the while to say
Though my faith may falter and my strength may fail
I pray for eyes to see, the richness of your mercy shown to me
No comments:
Post a Comment