
So we had a great day yesterday. I am not a partier and to be honest I'm not really one who can reconcile spending money to go out and party when I can be comfortable at home (or some years at my aunt and uncles house talking with my cousins). Call me boring but that is just me. Anyways we went to church which in the last couple months is an adventure and a story for another time. I did enjoy the sermon and it brought up an interesting conversation with my
mom. One of the points the pastor made was that we should sit down when making goals for the new year and look at our mission field and what we want our mission field to be. I was saying that those surrounded by mostly Christians don't generally find a need to really know our doctrine well...although I like learning doctrine so that I can stand up for what I believe. Anyways, the other problem is that most people have fallen into the relative truth trend that feels that we shouldn't really share our faith that much, let
others believe what they want and so we don't learn doctrine to talk to them. It makes me sad b/c it is such a rich heritage. More on that another time...So we came home and had a good lunch and then I slept out in the sun for a bit while the boys covered up the pool (it's hard to heat it without the cover) and mom worked on her rose bushes. It was soooo nice to just sit in the sun. I very much miss feeling it. After a short nap mom and I headed to starbucks to hang out and had a fun time talking about all sorts of things. We were there for just about 2 hours then realized we should prob head home. The boys were watching
football when we walked in and we decided that we should make the raspberry brie while waiting for the steaks to marinade but forgot that there wasn't any amaretto in the house....thankfully we were in Fl where you can buy that on Sundays so dad and I ran out to get some. The brie was really good and while dad was cooking the steaks (buffalo which I have to agree with my family were much better than other steaks) mom and I pulled out our stamp stuff to play for the evening. Dinner was great and mom and I made a bunch
of fun cards.After a while I realized it was 11 and so I went ahead and put my stamps away so I could watch the new years eve countdown (we had been watching the packers game). Anyways, mom had been a little down b/c we didn't make it clear until Sat that we were leaving on monday and she
didn't have an angle food cake to make for my birthday (hint hint). So dad made me a cake while we were working on the stamps which was so sweet and fun. We had cake and coffee while watching the countdown and I opened Jason's present which was The Office season 2....so now we can finally see what everyone is saying about it...After the countdown and such we went outside
and lit off a bunch of our illegal fireworks from TN....man they were loud but lots of fun!This morning we got up and went to Roasters and Toasters (tradition for when we leave) for breakfast with mom, dad, jay and matt...then headed out just about 10:40ish...thankfully the trip went really fast (we mostly talked, then listened to some books on tape and finished the trip listening to the MI game :( )...and got in just at 8...I'm tired so I made dinner while Caleb has
No comments:
Post a Comment