Tuesday, April 29

home owners

ok so as of like 1:45 today we are home owners. I love it. However, I looked at Caleb this afternoon and basically said, that was way to easy....isn't there something else we have to do to say it is ours? Lets just say we are really excited but really exhausted!

The great thing about closing was that it was as easy as we heard it would be with this lender. We have been told over and over again by the selling agent that our real estate agent was such a great person to work with. In fact he told Caleb that he was glad another deal had fallen through right before us because he wanted to work with CL. We highly recommend him. We also chose to go with a lender CL had recommended. Not only did he give us a lower interest rate and monthly payment but he also got everything done ahead of time so today was so easy. He made sure we had every document we needed and such last week and then had the closing statement to us yesterday. All we did today was come with a check and our IDs, sign our life away and go home. Also, we were pleased with the closing attorney. We had heard that most of the time they just tell you to sign and do not explain anything. However Seth took the time to talk us through the paperwork as we went and answer any questions we had.

So after closing we went home and got lunch, made a sorta plan as to what we wanted to do for the rest of the day, packed up some boxes and cleaning supplies and the vacuum cleaner and headed to the house. First thing we did when we got there was do some cleaning in the kitchen. Here is a before shot





















and here is basically how it looks now.





I also got to put away a bunch of dry foods and LOVE the space I have to store dry food!! Then Caleb vacuumed. Not sure why this is blurry but you can see he is a happy home owner.










Then we made the trek to Target and Home Depot for some supplies. That was a long but good trip. We got a floor fan, light bulbs, toilet paper, tape, paint, paint and more paint, paint supplies, door knobs (to change out the locks), and a garage door opener. I think there was a couple more things but I can't think of them now. Then we decided since it was almost 8 to just pick up Checkers. So we did that, ate and then got most of the door knobs replaced. I did some small cleaning like wiping out the guest bathroom cabinets so that I could put some stuff down there and tried to figure out how to program the garage door opener. Oh and we changed out all the lights that weren't working....

We were joking tonight (which I'm not sure that it is a joke) that we may not make it until the 17th. It is just so nice to have our own place, to pull the cars into the garage and not have people above us! We almost are thinking just to have ppl when they have time help us for a hour or so in the evening bring a load over and then on the 17th have a couple people help Caleb move the big things and maybe do a dinner that night as a thank everyone for their help and show off the house :) We will see!

Well it's bedtime. I'm sad that I have supervision tomorrow and we have to wait till Thursday to do anymore work. :(

No comments: