Friday, June 2

Chicago

Chicago is an awesome city i have decided. I love the arcitecture of the buildings, all the pretty plants, flowers, trees and shrubs. I don't think many of the southern cities pull off the beauty that the northern ones do...of course northern ones have cold weather and i'm not sure which is worse.

We got into Chicago last night and figured out how to buy a week pass, got on our train and met Nick at his train station then road with him to the one by his apt...of course when I say by I mean 1/2 a mile down the road.

Now this 1/2 a mile is awesome and hopefully I'll loose weight just by walking this week but dragging suitcases last night was not fun at all but i guess was a "good" workout. We stopped at Paneras which is right next to his apt place and got their new pizzas. Highly recommended! We then just hung out and looked at stuff on his xbox 360 and watched some anime. It was quite nice...

Today I've worked on my paper/presentation on and off and caleb is enjoying nick's awesome computer screen by playing games on the 360 in a split screen mode so that he can watch his emails at work and see if he needs to do anything...it's funny and i think he is very much enjoying the gaming system.

Nick's place is really cool. Like everyone said it's right in the middle of everything i feel. I have decided that tonight after we get grocerys and make dinner and before we watch a movie we will attach cold stone which I don't think I've been to since sometime last year.

I don't know if I could live up here for very long just b/c of the weather but this is such a cool city and their transporation system like most normal cities is soooo nice. Caleb and I decided that we would save so much money by living up here with one car and just riding transit (plus we would be in great shape). Our home cities transit is just aweful. There is no reason to ride it outside of going to the airport and sometimes downtown. It's not even worth it to ride it for Braves games anymore.

No comments: