Monday, June 5

exausted

so today wore me out. Not that I wasn't already tired. Yesterday to finish off our day we checked out this cute little market and got 4 different kinds of wings and had them with rice. Yummy. It was quite good. We watched some anime and the boys played xbox while I worked on my paper. Then Nick beat guild wars with his second character...fun days and very tempting to want to play myself...

Today we were up way to early. I kept reminding myself it was really an hour later than the clock said but it didn't help. We got out the door and must have just missed the bus so we walked all but like a block and 1/2 to the train station and just missed the train...not a good way to start out but you roll with it.

We had a quite and plesant ride up the sketchy green line to concordia and then realized that the buses really don't run much so we walked from the station to the school. It's not much farther than the walk from the station to Nick's but we weren't expecting it and I would have left stuff at the apt if I knew that would be the case. However we made it just in time for the first lecture and Caleb got settled into the liberary to work and all was good.

So far the conference is good. It's about what I expected. Knowledgable people but not always really new or highly exciting material. The two lectures I went to today were very good but at the same time they were preaching to the choir with me...but I did walk away with good points. And I feel comfortable about my presentation tomorrow. I'm printing out my full paper now and going to highlight points I want to remember and walk through it with the boys...should be fun and I know they will be strait up honest with me.

They have good food and lots of water and coffee there so that is quite helpful also! Nick is being really sweet and is going to drag in to work the larger of our suitcases and then meet us on the way to the airport (where we transfer from the green line to the orange line is right where he works) but that is really nice of him and a load off our shoulders if we have to walk again tomorrow.

Tonight we had some yummy pizza...I could only eat 1 1/4 slices but it was excellent. Good choice on Nick's part. Outside of that Nick and Caleb are playing racing games (well they were now nick's working on the rubix cube while caleb plays)....oh ya, nick and I were doing laundry tonight and I had this awful feeling this was going to happen but the dumb dryer at my money....brought back nightmears from Covenant.

Well I think we are going to get Jamba Juice before I do my presentation so I should go....check out the pics on here

No comments: