Sunday, June 4

Taking a break!


I guess I should update on what is going on. Yesterday was fun. Caleb and I worked out in the morning for a little while and quickly realized we are terribly out of shape. What is new there though. Then we came back and met nick's soon to be roomie and all went out to lunch at this cool little crepes place. I wish I had gotten a picture. I had a strawberry crepe that was excellent and Caleb had a three cheese one that went along quite well with it.

After that Caleb and I headed back up to Nick's place while he and Josh (roomie) waiting on the lease guy to finally sign their lease. I worked on my paper/presentation and then when Nick got back we headed to the movie theatre to see X-3 I enjoyed it but had a couple problems with it over all and disagree with my littlest brother in that I'm fairly sure they will make another one if they can resign everyone (I haven't checked recently have they started filming anything?)

We then walked down to Navy Pier. Vacations are always tough because you want to site see but you also want to relax. I figure we will come and visit Nick again so we aren't hitting every spot around town. The Pier was quite fun and while shopping for a shot glass I broke one... :( oops but the guy was really nice and didn't make us pay for it. I got a pretty cool blue one.

Anyways after walking around there a little we headed back to the house and I made lasagna. Good stuff lasagna is...We watched Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and that was quite enjoyable also. Caleb now wants to replay it to put it all into focus again.

Today we went to Nick's Church Holy Trinity and that was a fun experience. We took the bus all the way from Nick's place to the church since it is basically on the same street. I liked the fact they did some good hymns, some praise songs and litergy. On the way home Nick pointed our a condo that he looked at...2/2 for like $430,000. I can't imagine anyone paying for that when you could buy a really nice house for that much. Oh well, more power to people who have money to blow.

Caleb and I were going to head over to the conference but we really don't feel like making the 2 hour round trip ride to be there for less than an hour and I needed to work on my presentation. It's coming along nicely so that is good but still needs a lot of work!! I think we might take a walk to Lincoln Park later since it is right down the road. Right now Nick is playing on the 360 while Caleb looks on offering helpful comments :)

1 comment:

Sarah R. said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time! I sometimes definitely miss big city conveniences such as public transport and sidewalks to walk on.....