So today is one of those days I hate being stuck in Atlanta. When people ask if I like living in Atlanta I often don't know what to say. I do enjoy being able to jump in the car, drive a couple hours and see family or friends. I do enjoy hiking in the mountains and being able to see God in the beauty of the colors of fall and the strength of the mountains. This year like last year as it has started to turn cooler and the leaves are starting to change I am reminded again how much I love having seasons. However, though over the last four years my answer has turned from I hate living here to it's ok for now I still always say that most of the problem is I miss the water. I am a water person by nature. Put me on a boat in the middle of the ocean (well not in the middle but far enough you can't see land) and I am happy for hours. One of my fav past times when I was in Miami was to sit at Black Point on the rocks and just watch the water. I kid you not I can sit for hours there and just sit, I don't even need to do anything, I mean good music is always nice but really just being that near to the water is comforting to me.
Today was a day I woke up thinking that maybe today would be better. I went to bed last night a little calmer than I was earlier in the evening (sorry supervision group!) but as the day has gone on the sick feeling in my stomach has returned, the tears keep coming and I feel like my heart will never mend. I know God is the great healer and that his timing is perfect. I know his plan is always for our good even when we can't see it and I am ok to sit where I am right now and just let him comfort me but none the less it hurts. I don't have a safe place to go in Atlanta. No quiet retreat where I can just sit and sit. A couple days ago I thought of taking the week off and flying home (no not because other friends are going home this week....this was an independent thought) but then I remembered that my parents are coming up tomorrow so I'd have to be home. But all I really want to do right now is go and sit by the water and hear God's voice.
I wonder what it is about each of us that we have those places we go and can hear God more clearly. I've said since I went to Covenant that I'd love to live somewhere where the ocean and the mountains are both right there. But if I had to choose, I'd choose the water.
What is the place you go to just sit?
Wednesday, September 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment