Tuesday, September 30

Thankful

Yes this is the title of a Caedmon's song but not what this post is about. So my parents filled up my car when they were up a little over a week ago. At the time we didn't know about the gas crisis but I was so thankful that they did because as most of you know Atlanta is CRAZY. People panic so easily and went to fill up every chance they got and in the process wasted more gas and caused a gas crisis we are still trying to get out of.

So I was trying to be responsible and even though I saw some gas prices jumping I tried to trust that there would be gas and gas at a reasonable prices when I needed it. I mean for those of you who are not in Atl I wish you could see the craziness. I know the picture below is blurry but that was this morning. People were lined up at a min of 3 cars deep with no gas and no gas truck just waiting for the gas truck to come. I thought, really? There are other gas stations w/in a 5 mile radius that have gas but this is what it is like. People are camping out by the stations.

So yesterday the gas light came on. I was hoping to make it two weeks but with all the extra stuff I had last week it didn't happen. So I left work yesterday and drove past the three stations by my house that are reasonably priced. One was QT who is set across the board at 3.97. I thought, nah the Racetrack and Walmart have both been 3.88. I'll wait and see. So I prayed last night and this morning. Got up 10 min earlier (I was really cutting it close) and drove past the Racetrack. I thought, ok this is not good if there is no gas here and people are just waiting. So I thought, I would take a chance (because if people are lined up here surely there isn't gas across the street at the Walmart. But wasn't I wrong. Not only was there gas at 3.88 at the Walmart but there was NO LINE! God often answers prayers but generally it is a couple days/weeks/months down the line. It was just such an assurance that if he cares about the lily's of the field he cares about me! God is good!

No comments: