21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
I was thinking about how I often just try to "make it" through my day and that often means that I forget to spend time with God or pray to him. I was also thinking that I feel that it is my nature to try my best to be kind and compassionate with people. Maybe I am wrong and that only comes from the Holy Spirit. I don't often doubt my salvation and to be honest I know in my heart I am but sometime when I read passages like this and look at my heart and see the ugliness of my sin I start to wonder will I be one that Jesus says he never knew. Do not get me wrong I'm not saying I'm not saved and I'm not saying that I want "encouragement", I am just saying that it really makes me think about how I live my life and who I am living for...Am I living for myself or for God. Just a good reminder I think of how temporary our life here is on earth and how eternal life after death or life after Jesus return is. I as I am sure we most do at times catch a glimpse of just how temporary life here is, why do we chase after such small and meaningless things when there is a never ending life to come that is more rewarding than anything here on earth can be....
No comments:
Post a Comment