Wednesday, April 2

Rambling

So I really have nothing important to write about. But I feel like writing so I think I will. We are still waiting to hear about the house which is hard. I am ready to know what the counter offer is (not much hope they will accept our first offer but still praying for that miracle). I also have not heard back about the cat that was on Georgia FreeCycle the other day. How cool would it be to have a free Siamese Cat?!? Praying about that too...

It is a beautiful day outside, but once again the downside is that though on the daily inhaler I have been struggling to catch my breath all day. Not fun at all and not helpful in the long run.

So I am behind on Reading TableTalk because of my small group cirriculam. However I try to read two every day right now so I can try to catch up. One of the ones I read today was on Matthew 7:12. It was talking about "The Golden Rule" and the story of a rabbi named Hillel who basically had summed it up negativly saying "What is harmful to you, do not do to others. This is the Torah, the rest is commentary. Go and learn it." (March 18). They went on to talk about how it is easy to keep that. If you don't want someone to steal from you, don't steal. If you don't want others to lie, don't lie. And that was how it was until Jesus talked in Matthew 7:12. They were talking about how it is much harder to serve others and how this is not only a call to service but demanding. I was thinking about how I treat the clients that come through my doors and how I do try to treat them with dignity instead of as a bother. It is a hard balance though in setting a boundry in my line of work between serving the client and letting them take advantage of the help you are offering. There is only so much we are allowed to help with. For instance, I have a lady who wants me to write a letter for her w/ my recommendations to the judge. It would not take me but 10 min but I have been told that I cannot because it is not my job. I think it would be a service to this client, even if it doesn't help her case but I have to obey my boss.

Let's just say it is a hard balance at work...I do try my best to serve the client when I can but sometimes there just anything else I can do and it is at that point that I feel bad but have to trust God will bring the right person into their lives.

No comments: