So we spent time looking at appliances tonight...we found some that we really like but now need to go look at the wholesale dealers to see if we can find things cheaper. The prob is trying to make sure we get all the specifics we want for the best price. For instance, I'm willing to spend a little more on my appliances if I can get a quiet dishwasher that I don't have to rinse the dishes before I put them in, a convection oven that is self-cleaning and has a griddle eye...well that was the plan until we went to the house tonight and realized that the oven is gas. I'm not sure why I thought it was electric but we went by to make sure everything is off b/f we turn on the utilities tomorrow and Thursday and I walked into the kitchen and saw a gas line where the stove will be.....oh well, more money but better for me since I wanted gas anyways....
We spent about an hour at the new house tonight looking around to see what needed to be fixed that we could see ahead of time. We have decided that the master bed room's paint is ok but just needs to be touched up so if we can find the color we will just touch it up and paint the other rooms. We also decided that the toilets need to go and if it works out that the light fixtures in the bathrooms need to be changed out. (we may keep them till the bulbs go but then they will need to go). My biggest thing right now is they still have a lot of stuff in the house and I'm really hoping that pretty much all (but the kitchen mat) is gone when we go to move in. They are turning the electric on tomorrow and the water on either tomorrow or Thursday. Then we are hoping they will turn on the gas on Friday so we can do the inspection on Saturday or Monday at the latest. We are going to be cutting the 10 day window close to do it on Monday but so is life.
Ok so Amy Shirley got me this awesome book for my birthday and so far I love it. It has really fun and simple meals....great for those of us who work and need good, fast, easy meals....I made muffins tonight and they turned out great so here is the recipe
"The Grits Shall Rise Again!" by Carol Frey
Joyce's Blueberry Muffins
2 c self rising flour
1 c sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 t vanilla
1/2 c oil
1/2 c milk
1 c blueberries, washed, drained and patted dry
drege the blueberries in a little flour (this helps keep them from bleeding into the dough)
mix the flour and sugar, set aside
mix the eggs, vanilla, oil and milk
stir the two mixtures together until just blended
fold in the blueberries
fill tins (3/4 full)
bake at 375 for 25 min or until brown
Enjoy!
Tuesday, April 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment