Thursday, April 3

Stupid Stupid Pollen

So basically yesterday I wasn't able to breath well. I took my inhaler, did some self talk and rested but it still did not seem to help. Around bedtime I was panicking because I could not catch my breath and by this point it felt like my nose and throat were swelling up. And at that point I called my mom to see when it the point that you go to the ER for a breathing treatment. I didn't feel like I was wheezing but I couldn't figure out why I could not breath. So I took a Benadryl for the swelling, had some tea and went to bed and was pretty well ok during the night.

Well this morning I was still having trouble. I decided to stay home last night because I wasn't sure if it was going to end up being asthma or a respiratory infection and I figured it was time again to see the doctor. Basically he told me that I just didn't get in quick enough last week to get back on my inhaler (advair) and now the pollen and such is all caught up in my lungs and nostrils and so be put me on Prednisone for the next 10 days to get rid of everything and then I should be good to go. However what that means is I am still getting winded easily and not enjoying that. What he also told me was that my anxiety about not breathing well also was adding to it all and I just needed to keep myself calm....ha I know I teach clients all the time about ways to reduce anxiety but when you can't breath it isn't that easy....however yes, I know it makes it worse therefore I need to keep calm. Should be a fun next couple of days to say the least.

----------------
Now playing: FF7 - Cloud Smiles
via FoxyTunes

No comments: